Thursday 9 December 2010

Rabbit

A year has pasted since I made the Hello Kitty cake for my Niece's birthday party. This year I asked her if she wanted her aunt to make her another cake and what it should look like. She told me that she would very much like a rabbit cake because she really likes the animal. She then started to draw how the eyes and mouth should look like. I told her I would do my best. The eyes are inspired by 'My little pet shop'.


First I made 2 round chocolate mud cakes which I cut in half.


I then made a chocolate cake with coconut icing colored green to look like grass. I cut a hole in the middle of the grass and started to 'build' the body of the rabbit with the chocolate mud cake which I put together with milk chocolate cream filling.


I then cut of a piece from the last half of the chocolate mud cake to make the tail. The ears are made of melted marshmallows put on an edible 'string' and attached with a small toothpick. Finally I covered the hole cake with chocolate cream and finely grated milk chocolate to look like fur. The eyes and teeth are made of fondant and the nose is a red peanut M&M's.  

No comments:

Post a Comment